Monday, September 28, 2020

Living in Denim

 I don't know about you, but I live in denim. Being a child of the 60s, I grew up wearing jeans. I bought my first pair at the Army/Navy store for $6. They were straight leg, unisex - actually men's I believe - and came in various waist and inseam measurements. I wore those puppies every day, styling them with basic t-shirts or embroidered gauze tops.

Now that fall is here and temperatures are dropping a bit, it's time to break out the denim again. On cooler days I've begun to wear my jeans with an embroidered top, a linen popover shirt, or a selection from my collection of chambray shirts. On warmer days sleeveless chambray and embroidered linen do the trick.

This top is quickly becoming a favorite!

Denim is roaring back this season, and I couldn't be happier. It can be dressed up or down, so instead of looking at my poor selfies, let's go to some of my favorite style bloggers. They wear it so well and have some great ideas for styling denim. Here are a couple of examples. 


Classic from head to toe 

https://www.pinterest.com/unefemme/_created/


Chambray at its finest - mix it with black denim.


Creative but doable looks. 
I especially like the wrap and blazer. Take special note of how Cindy styles the shirt under the blazer - that broach!


Jennifer wears another version of blazer, chambray and broach. I'm loving this look and I know just the broach I'm going to use!


Channeling Ralph Lauren - for the cooler climes and mountain vibes...I'm loving the hat and blanket sweater.

 


 How are you wearing your denim this fall? Or are you?

Until next time...

Cyndi





No comments:

Post a Comment