Sunday, November 22, 2020

CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES

 Cold weather and baking just go together, don't you think?

Combine that with the upcoming holidays and I'm all in for baking some yummy cookies. 


I've tried many recipes (even Mrs Field's), but none quite measure up.  This is actually my mom's recipe - so I grew up having them often. Whenever I think of chocolate chip cookies my mouth waters for these. Because of the shortening, they are soft and chewy; and with the addition of raw oats, I can convince myself that they are good for me!

Enough already - here's the recipe...and did I mention they are so easy?



CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES


1/2 cup shortening                         

1/2 cup brown sugar                      Cream together

1/2 cup granulated sugar


1 large egg                                      Add to creamed mixture                 

1T vanilla                                        Blend together until smooth


3/4 cup flour                                    

1/2 tsp baking soda                        Stir together in a small bowl

1/2 tsp salt                                      Add to creamed mixture -blend


1 1/2 cup raw oatmeal                    Stir in

1 1/4 cup chocolate chips


Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Enjoy




That's all there is to it - I hope you like them as much as I do.


Until next time

Cyndi



No comments:

Post a Comment